During your vacation in Gastein you can expect a lot of events, leisure activities and activities of all kinds. We have summarized the most important things for you. Many of these attractions are free or discounted with the Gastein Card. You receive many other discounts with the SalzburgerLand Card.
The most important destinations in the Salzburg region
- Dorfgasteiner Bergbahnen - The ascent with the cable car enables wonderful hikes for the whole family
- Solarbad Dorfgastein - The Gasteins family pool
- Klammstein Castle - Enjoy a good snack in the cozy castle tavern by the open fireplace, or take a tour of the museum
- Entrische Kirche show cave, Dorfgastein - The cave - a "place of strength" - is open from the beginning of May to the end of September
- Gasteiner Bergbahnen - The ascent with the cable car enables wonderful hikes for the whole family
- Montanmuseum Altböckstein - exhibition of mining history exhibits about gold mining 1342-1945
- Alpentherme Gastein - dive into Europe's most modern alpine health and leisure world
- Felsentherme Gastein - feel the power of the thermal water in Bad Gastein
- House of Nature - The Salzburg Museum Highlight
- Eisriesenwelt - The largest ice cave on earth
- Trick fountains Hellbrunn - Experience a unique cultural gem
- Mozart's Birthplace - In this house, a museum is set up over three floors
- Salzburg Zoo - The zoo in Hellbrunn is home to 140 animal species from all over the world
- Hohensalzburg Fortress - Salzburg's landmark - above the towers of the city of Mozart
- Hohenwerfen Adventure Castle - The fortified bulwark high above the Salzach Valley
- WasserWunderWelt Krimml - A "bubbling theme park about the fascinating world of water
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road - The mountain road stretches for 48 kilometers and rises to 2,504 meters
- Wildlife and leisure park Ferleiten - In our over 20 hectare wildlife park you will encounter high-capital species
- Salzburg Open Air Museum - Embark on a family-friendly circular route through 6 centuries of rural building and living culture
- Kaprun high mountain reservoirs - A trip to the Kaprun high mountain reservoirs is a fascinating journey into the world of the Hohe Tauern
- Bowling alleys Dorfgastein - All nine is the name of the bowling alley Egger in Dorfgastein
- Gold panning in the Rauris Valley - leisure fun for young and old on the original gold panning ground Bodenhaus in Rauris
Power places water & rock
Along the Gasteiner Ache, which runs through the valley like a spine, there are a total of nine stone sculptures in seven important locations. The artwork draws attention to the hidden dimensions and connections in the landscape and highlights them. This description gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the strength, beauty and mysticism of the stones and water in the Gastein Valley. Regardless of whether you hike these places or "experience" them by bike, the sculptures are intended to help you find your way into the heart of this landscape.
The first glance is at the structure of the entire valley. It shows that the valley is formed by the delimitation of the mountains, which only offers an opening in the gorge, a strongly self-contained landscape. In the valley, the villages of Böckstein, Bad Gastein, Bad Hofgastein and Dorfgastein are lined up like pearls along the Gasteiner Ache.
As these places are positioned along the Ache, the chakras line up in the human body at the spine. Everyone can learn to perceive these invisible forces in nature. As in humans, there are seven energy centers in the Gastein Valley, with either special natural sites or important locations: Nassfeld, Schleierfall, Evian Quelle, Bad Gastein, Bad Hofgastein, Dorfgastein and the Gasteiner Klamm.
The geomancer and artist Peter Frank from Weilheim (D) erected a sculpture at each of these important locations. They help nature to develop its original strength and wholeness again. Our ancestors knew exactly where and how they were allowed to place buildings in the landscape without affecting the natural energy flows. Unfortunately, this knowledge was lost and the liveliness of nature was weakened or disturbed more and more by human intervention. The stone sculptures look like acupuncture needles: set up in particularly sensitive locations, they have a healing influence on the forces of nature.
Added to this is the effect of the cosmograms carved into the stones. One sign was designed individually for the location in order to concentrate or purify certain forces, and the other is the common thread that connects all locations. This shows the original wholeness of the valley and the lively connection between the individual places.